Editor’s Note: This is a guest post from Zora Stalin and does NOT necessarily represent the opinions of ITsolutionsBlog.
The article describes the error 8004011D-526-80040115-0 which arises during the time of OST synchronization. In the first section of the article the reasons for this error are discussed. Then in the next section the methodology and other solutions are suggested in order to nullify this error.
If you have been working in the Exchange Server for a considerable amount of time then you will be well aware of the fact that in the absence of proper connectivity with the Exchange Server, MS Outlook will not allow the user to synchronize the offline storage file (OST) with the server mailbox. In such a scenario while synchronizing with the server mailbox you can encounter a Synchronization Error 8004011D-526-80040115-0. In such case, the Offline Storage Table (OST) file remains in unusable and unworkable mode. What are the various reasons for his error and how can a user rectify the error is discussed in the upcoming sections of the article.
Why Does Such An Error Come Up?
If you are a user who uses Outlook in cache enabled mode with the Exchange server, then you are provided with the facility of working in the offline mode. But when you are synchronizing your offline data with the server mailbox you can encounter synchronization Errors like Error 8004011D-526-80040115. Some reasons which contribute to the occurrence of this error are:
- Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.
- There is some kind of network issue in your connection.
- OST file is which is to be synchronized is corrupted.
- There are some issues in the current profile.
- Synchronization process halts due to power failure.
Methodology To Rectify The Synchronization Error
If your OST file encounters Error 8004011D-526-80040115 while synchronizing with the Exchange server mailbox, then following steps can be implemented to resolve it:
- You can wait till the Exchange server comes online again and try to resynchronize your OST file.
- Try to figure out the network issues in your connection and after getting them fixed synchronize again.
- Recreating the profile which is facing the synchronization issue is also a convenient option.
- Try restoring the data if you have a recent and updated backup of the data which is stored in OST file.
- Check the profile settings and make sure that the default delivery destination is correct.
- Launch the OST Integrity Tool to solve the synchronization issues.
- Uninstall the anti-virus software installed in your system for some time.
NOTE: You can also delete the OST file which is facing synchronization error and then let Outlook download all the data that was present on the server that is running Exchange Server. In case the OST file has local data that is not saved on the server then you can export the data to a PST file, and delete the OST file. After the data is downloaded from the server then you can create a new OST file and then import all the data from the PST file.
If the above methods do not nullify error arising in the synchronization process, then it is obvious that the OST file has undergone corruption and that as well of a severe intensity. The method which can be used to rectify the problem is discussed in the next section.
An Excellent Alternative
All the above suggested methods are very time consuming and complicated for a user who is not well-learned. As most of the synchronization issues arise due to OST file corruption therefore it is advisable to use Graphical User Interface based tool which can solve the synchronization issues by repairing the corrupted OST files. One such tool is QuickData OST to PST Converter. The software is user friendly and is even suitable for novice users. The software repairs corrupted and orphaned OST files and then convert them to Outlook PST format.
You can preview all the mail components like emails, contacts, calendars, etc. the software keeps the meta data intact so there are no chances of data loss while converting the OST file to PST format. Few other similar programs are available for the same tasks such as: RecoveryTools for OST to PST and Pcvita OST converter etc. that all can be downloaded free of cost for trial.